Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Cabin addition: Progression in Pictures (Part 2)

We made two more trips up to the cabin this summer since the last time I posted. On the to-do list for both of these trips was siding.

August 11-16

There is little debate in my family as to whether this is the front or the back of the cabin, but whatever, they started with the side viewed from the driveway/road. Here's what the cabin looked like before work started:



On Wednesday they made pretty good progress, getting a little over half of this side done:
On Thursday they finished this side, worked on some more staining, and started working on the west side.

The peak on this side resulted in lots and lots of cutting but they were able to finish it up on Friday.


The final result of our August trip:


The last couple of days up there we spent relaxing, visiting the lake, and going to the county fair. Here are a few random pictures from the trip.



Over Labor Day weekend we headed back up for once last summer weekend get-away. The guy's plans were to get the remaining portion of the addition sided.

September 5-7

Here's the view before work began:


When we are at the cabin it is tradition to make a trip to the local meat market for steaks. I can honestly say I have never had a better steak then the ones from this market. On Sunday my mom and I made the trip since the guys were working. That day while prepping the Tyvek they found 3 bats that had made their home under the covering. They thought they had gotten them out without any problems but wouldn't you know as we sat down to our steak dinner something came swooping down from the addition. I didn't see it at first, but by the look on Collin's face I knew something was up. As I was about to ask what it was it came flying down for a second buzz around the table. I may or may not have frantically grabbed the baby from the highchair and locked us in the bathroom until the coast was clear. Unfortunately, in my frenzied state I was not thinking about my juicy, cooked-to-perfection, steak. Maia, however, was not bothered by a little bat. No, she saw a fresh, hunk of meat sitting unattended on my plate and quickly capitalized on the opportunity, enjoying a big 'ol steak dinner. My mouth is watering a little just thinking about it. Next year I suppose, next year.
By the end of the weekend the guys had the entire addition sided:


I'm already looking forward to next summer to get back up there.

3 comments:

Em said...

The cabin looks great. Thanks for sharing pics. I love the pic of you and Keaton smiling. :)

Gail said...

Looking good! I can't wait to see the inside!! :)

And what a great bunch of pictures of Keaton! He's really growing into a personality isn't he!?!

Amy Bomstad said...

Cabin looks nice and roomy! Keaton is so stinkin' cute! Next summer will be a blast for you guys and Keaton will be running around enjoying every moment of it I'm sure.