Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Kelly & Neil's Wedding

This past weekend we traveled east to Plymouth, Wisconsin for the wedding of our friends, Kelly & Neil. The wedding took place in an adorable little church in downtown Plymouth. As is typical, Collin and I pulled into the parking lot at 11:55 am, five minutes before the ceremony was to begin. As soon as the car was in park arms were flying. Collin had yet to finish dressing and was rushing to put on his shirt. I was digging for the diaper bag, unbuckling the Stink, and wrapping teethers around my wrist, just to make sure we had at least one "quiet" toy. We must have been a sight as we fumbled our way across the parking lot; trying to walk quick enough to make it into church on time but not too fast that I fall on my ass in these heels. To say it was frantic is an understatement.

But, as soon as we set foot in the church I felt my blood pressure drop. The large wood pillars running down the middle of each set of pews, the stained glass windows that prop open just enough to let some air in, the old wooden pews that creak as you sit down. It was so cozy, so quaint. For those that have read the Mitford Series you'll know what I mean when I say I could picture Father Tim preaching in this church.

The reception was held outside at a nearby State Park. White lights were strung around the tent, a slice of a tree served as a cake stand, and the tables were adorned with wild flowers. It was really, really lovely.

We spent the evening talking and dancing and laughing with the Milwaukee crew. It was all around just an awesome wedding and an awesome time. Congratulations Kelly & Neil!



Keaton with the beautiful bride. Kelly's lace shawl was worn by her mother, grandmother, and I think even great grandmother at their weddings.



Keaton also got to spend lots of time with Auntie April.

And because weddings are all about love, it was only fitting that Keaton found himself smitten with this lovely lady, K.

I can not believe I did not have the camera at the ready for this, but at one point K leaned over and planted a big smooch on the Stink. Ahhhh, that boy, already going for the older women.

9 comments:

amanda said...

Awww...how sweet! He's a charmer! Glad you had fun!

CaS Shim said...

Every time I see pics of Keaton- it makes me smile big or cry- just because I miss him and I think he is the cutest thing ever!!!!! I hope I feel the same about my own kids some day- I just never thought I would have this much love for someone elses baby! I had girls over last night and of course they all ohhhhed and ahhhed over Keaton's pictures!!!!

Kate said...

Oh, CaS, that makes ME want to cry. Keaton is so lucky to have you as his Auntie. He misses you mucho and can't wait to see you in September - I hear a rumor that you guys will be up around that time??

Andrew Ryne said...

You really should be a writer - you're so good at it! I love reading your blog :)

Em said...

Looks like a great time! I am not surprised that Keaton is already a charmer, considering his parents. ;) BTW, I was showing my MIL the most recent pics of Keaton this weekend, and she was also ooohing and ahhhing. Everyone agrees he's adorable! :)

Kate said...

Kelly - I have never considered myself good at writing. I have the vocabulary of a gnat. One time I called cayenne pepper canine pepper. True Story - Ask Ember! So thank you, hearing you say this means so much to me.

Em - are you saying I'm charming?? *Bats eyes*

Em said...

BTW, I have to agree with Kelli that your writing is always a treat to read. You always have us in stitches, and that, my dear, is a gift. :) Knowing how to spell and use correct punctuation is just a small (very small, if you ask me...yes! I just admitted that.) piece of the writing puzzle. Being able to grab your reader's attention and hold it is the "real" talent. And again, my dear, you HAVE that talent (canine pepper or no...it just makes another great story)! :)

Em said...

And, also...c'mon...you KNOW you and your hubbie are both the *definition* of charming! ;)

Kelly said...

That was wonderful description. We are glad you had a great time. Thank you so much for coming down and being part of our special day. The day went so fast, but I will always remember sitting with Keaton. He is such an amazing little boy.