Thursday, August 13, 2009

4 years ago


Four years ago today I married my best friend.
We had been planning this day for over a year and despite having worked through every last detail, there were still mishaps.

Corsages/boutonnieres were incorrectly distributed, our DJ didn't show and sent a random replacement, and we forgot to cut our cake.

But these are just silly details in the grand scheme of things.

It's funny, a wedding day is like a prelude to life.


Things don't always go as planned, but you have to learn to roll with the punches.

When I look back on this day what I remember is being surrounded by friends and family, feeling incredibly connected to my husband, and having fun. Oh, did we have fun.

And that's all I can ask for when I look back at this life.

11 comments:

CaS Shim said...

Happy Anniversary Kate and Collin! Have a fab time on vacation!!!

Kim said...

You look beautiful! Happy Anniversary! I loved the mishaps at our wedding...helps everyone remember it :)

Amy Bomstad said...

Happy Anniversary! You were a beautiful bride!! Hope you guys are enjoying the cabin. Can't wait to see pics.

Gail said...

Aww...Happy Anniversary Kate and Collin! I hope you're enjoying your vacation! :)

amanda said...

One of my favorite days! Thank you both for letting me be a part of it. I hope you have a wonderful vacation, and I can't wait to see the cabin pics! Love you all lots!

Em said...

What an awesome day that was. :) Hope you guys enjoyed your anniversary yesterday and enjoy the rest of the week at the cabin!

Kira said...

happy anniversary you guys! Can't wait to hear about the cabin vacation! See you soon!

April said...

Happy Anniversary guys!! Seeing those pictures put a huge smile on my face! Hope you have a special day celbrating! Love you!!

Rachel said...

Happy Anniversary :-)

Jill said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been 4 years already...doesn't seem possible! What a great day that was! Too much fun! Hope you're able to celebrate!

Aubrey said...

I'm sorry I didn't get to say Happy Anniversary on your day. I thought about you guys and how happy I am that you met. Your marriage like you, is always fun to be a part of!! I'm so happy to have you both as friends.