Sunday, April 26, 2009

mmmmm...mmmmm....good


One of the best things about having a baby...well, other than the teeny tiny precious little bundle of love that you can't stop staring at or smelling or snuggling with....other than that, is the fact that you can now, after 9 long months, finally, Lord Thank You for this day, eat sushi again!!

While I was pregnant a new sushi restaurant opened up just 3 minutes from our house. Hey, know how to torture a pregnant lady?? OPEN A SUSHI RESTAURANT 3 MIN. FROM HER HOUSE!! Good thing Keaton made an early appearance, I'm not sure I could have waited 4 more weeks. I was like a rapid dog, foaming at the mouth, each time I drove past and laid my eyes on that sign Sushi * Grill - it was like the bright lights of Vegas, I was awestruck, my mouth would gape open and my eyes would glaze over, and I could practically taste the sting of the wasabi on my lips....it's a miracle I didn't cause an accident as my neck would crane back to catch just one last glimpse of heaven.

Since getting home from the hospital we have made a (practically) weekly tradition of ordering take out and we told Kira and Justin once Baby Bender (n/k/a Jackson) made his arrival we'd bring sushi up for them - all they had to do was tell us when. So on Friday I called in our order, we headed up to Mosinee, and we all had a great feast.

Mmmmmm.....yes, one of the best things about having a baby, is finally being able to gorge myself on sushi again.

4 comments:

Em said...

Mmmm...sushi...

Kristin C. said...

hell yes.

Trevor almost forced me into our favorite sushi joint for his birthday dinner a few weeks ago. Thank God we were both too exhausted from work at the house to sit upright and eat at a restaurant. I narrowly escaped the torture. Instead....we ordered delivery pizza and got a Cold Stone Creamery ice cream cake. That was more up my alley.

Gail said...

You know, I'm not a fan of fish but, I do really, really, really want to try sushi! I tried it once with Em and didn't like it - though she told me it wasn't very good and not to let that trial ruin sushi for me forever. One of these days, I'll try it again!

Amy Bomstad said...

That pic looks heavenly. When Cayle was 3 weeks we left him with Gma for the night and Adam & I went out for sushi. I am like you...it was torture not being able to eat it when I was prego!