Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter weekend recap

Good food, fun with family, fight at the dog park, no baby.

That about sums up our Easter weekend.

Our weekend began on Thursday night when we took Keaton with us to the Mass of the Lord’s Supper, which proved to be a big mistake. Church started at 7 pm, which is pushing his bedtime, so I thought it would work out perfectly, that he would sleep right through mass. Oh boy was I wrong! He did okay until the homily and then he started fussing so I took him out. I came back in for the Eucharistic prayer and he screamed through the whole thing!! Yup, we were that family. Thankfully he was much better on Good Friday.

My parents came up on Saturday afternoon and after lunch we took the dogs to the dog park. They were both so excited to get there and had a great time but unfortunately we had a little “incident.” Yeah, there was a fight. But it wasn’t the dogs. It was me. I got in a fight at the dog park! With a fellow dog park goer.

Okay, here’s what happened. First of all, the dog park has poop bags at stations throughout the trail so I never bring my own with because I pick them up at the trail head. But, on Saturday the station at the trail head was all out of bags so even if I wanted to pick up bags I had to wait until the next station. So, my mom, dad, Collin, and I are walking along and I have Keaton in the Ergo on my chest and Maia and Maggie are having a good ‘ol time running around when Maia stopped and squatted. We waited for her but she was constipated so nothing really came out. Okay, if I’m getting technical then two little drops of runny poop were released but it wasn’t even enough to call it a turd!!

There was a couple behind us with a ratty looking dog that saw the squat but they weren’t close enough to know exactly what was going on. When we started walking again I hear the guy say “Well, pick it up!” I stop for a second, look at Collin and ask “Did he just tell me to pick it up?” and then I hear him making more noises and hear him say something about it being “right on the trail.” That’s when I got fired up because

a) It was NOT right on the trail.
b) There was NO poop to pick up!
c) And even if there was, there were no bags at the trail head so I couldn’t pick it up if I wanted to.
d) And how did he know what my plans were??? Maybe I was going to get a bag at the next station and go back and pick it up?

Oh, he had me fired up. Man, he has me fired up just thinking about it because here’s the deal. I’M NOT A POOP LEAVER! Under normal circumstances I would have picked it up, even if it was just two little runny drops!

So I start running my mouth about what a prick he is and it wasn’t on the effing trail and as we come up to the next station my mom grabs a bag and heads back and by this time they are closing in on us. So I yell, “Mom, you’re not going to f*#$ing find anything because there was NO POOP!” As they pass us his dog stays behind and was hanging out by us. So I kicked it.

I’m just kidding! But what cracks me up is that I told this story a couple of times over the weekend and each time my Mom’s eyes would get real wide and she’d say “You didn’t kick his dog?!” No Mom, I was just kidding the first time. And I’m still just kidding. I didn’t kick his dog. Don’t worry. But I would have liked to kick him (the man, not the dog).

That night Grandma and Grandpa stayed home with the Stink while we went to the Easter Vigil. It was a beautiful service but as I slid into the pew at church I started feeling a little guilty about the dog park incident. What if I saw him there?? I should probably try to watch my mouth; not let it run so much.

Sunday we headed over to Kira & Justin’s for Easter dinner. It was an awesome dinner of ham and cheesy potatoes, and green bean casserole, and deviled eggs, and veggies and dip, and fruit and dip, and the list went on. It was delicious.

We were all anxiously awaiting the arrival of Baby Bender. But no. S/he has been quite content inside Mama. But, s/he is getting an eviction notice tonight! Check out Kira’s blog for the latest.

Here are some pictures from our weekend.

Keaton with his bunny from Jean

Hell yeah we put the ears on him!
Don't mess with me, I'm the law.


Easter outfit


Mama & Baby

Keaton & Auntie Kira

Kelsey, Keaton, Kira


Sue & Keaton - You guys are funny!


Family picture



Keaton with Grandma and Grandpa
The Bender clan (we had already boxed Keaton up before deciding to take this picture, hence the car seat)


3 comments:

Sarah said...

He really is a cutie.

Seriously - what is with the carseat girly? You gotta break him of that because what happens when he outgrows it? LOl. And in the summer when it gets warmer. Too funny.

Just make his bed all snuggly-maybe that will be the trick.

amanda said...

Ha! I love the dog park story. He had you REALLY fired up! I hate it when people don't mind their own business...it's just rude. Glad you had a great weekend and I'm looking forward to Baby Bender's arrival! Take care and have a great week!

Em said...

Kate...you're so bad-ass. I love it! :) Seriously, though, I would've had words for that jerk, too...sheesh...people can really suck sometimes.

Anyway, I loved all these new pics, and I'm glad you guys had a great Easter with family. Keaton is so cute--I know I say that all the time, but he's really adorable. And I love the family pics, too. It just warmed my heart to see the family pic of you, Collin, and Keat. :-D

Love you...hang in there today, Auntie! I'm sure you can't wait!