Tuesday, January 6, 2009

1-week, 37-weeks, 1,508 weeks

I can't believe this but Keaton is 1-week old today. This week has gone by so fast. Except for the fact that I feel like I'm flailing a little with no set schedule, things are going well. We had to take our little guy into the doctor on both Friday and Sunday to check on his jaundice and I'm happy to say his numbers are coming down on their own so we have not had to treat him for it. His weight gain is also going well. Last Friday he was down to 5 lbs 14 oz but at his 1-week check up today he was back up to 6 lbs 2 oz - so getting closer to his birth weight. He is eating well. Really well. I feel like all I am doing is feeding him. This process is still taking us awhile because he likes to fall asleep in the middle of his feedings, but I really can't complain because he is latching on like a pro and overall the breast feeding is going pretty smoothly. Last night was a little rough, he refused to sleep in his bassinet and would only fall asleep lying on my chest. So I spent the night on the couch. I'm hoping it was just gas last night and that tonight goes better.

I'm working on getting some pictures posted, but do you know how hard it is to get a cute picture of an infant? I've taken tons but then I look at them and think, no, he is cuter than that, I can't post this. But I'm going to just have to suck it up and post them. I'm hoping tomorrow.


For fun I decided to also take one last, what would have been 37-weeks, belly shot.


Lastly, today I turned 29, or 1,508 weeks. I just want to say Thank you to everyone for the cards and emails and calls today. I'm sorry I missed some of you and I promise I will get back to you as soon as I can. Hearing from all of you made my day!

8 comments:

amanda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You look amazing, and Keaton looks so handsome! A package for all of you will be arriving soon. I hope you had a great birthday, and an amazing first week with your angel.
Hugs and kisses!
AJ

Aubrey said...

I love, love, love that last belly picture. I don't remember getting any of my kids to scrunch up small enough for a shot like that. But I do remember trying at the hospital. Hah! I'm glad Keaton's jaundice dropped naturally although the billie blanket is a sight to see. 1508 weeks huh? Man you're old...oh, that makes me old too.

Em said...

Yay, pictures! I also LOVE the 37-week belly shot with Keaton outside your belly. That is so precious. He is a cutie. I love the 1 week sign in front of him in the other picture, too! Keep hanging in there, Mama, you're doing great! (And you look great, too!)

Gail said...

I've been stalking, looking for more pictures and...finally! You both look great! Keep those 'uncute' pictures! Keaton will never be this little again! Oh, and that 37 week pic - what a great idea. I love it! Hope you had a great birthday!

Rachel said...

I love the 37 week picture. He's so little! You'll find you can never capture your kid's true cuteness in pictures, but he looks pretty darn cute from here. Hang in there. It sounds like you are doing great.

Kate said...

Happy belated birthday, Kate, and those are awesome pictures (agreed that the 37 week one is a great idea!).

He is super cute.

Kristin C. said...

I LOVE the picture of you hold the wee one by your belly. SO CUTE!
congrats on 2 week of motherhood....I hope you're taking notes to share with me!

Anonymous said...

How cute is he! I just love the pictures you posted! You both look great! Happy 29th!
Michele