Monday, December 29, 2008

36-week belly shot & a Game: Guess Baby Kono's stats!

I was planning on writing a post about our Christmas weekend tonight but we had our 36-week appointment this afternoon and got some exciting news. News that I have to share with you tonight!!

Today was my Group B Strep test and since I was having this done anyway I was hoping that our doctor would also perform an exam. I was disappointed when he said he wasn't planning on doing one since I'd likely only be 0 or 1 cm dilated, unless of course, I wanted him to. I never thought I'd say this, but hell yeah I wanted a pelvic exam!

And I'm so glad I said yes. Guess what?? I'm 4 cm dilated! Actually, he said he could probably stretch me to 5. That sounds gross. Sorry.

And since I'm this far along he told us that at our 38-week appointment (which should be on or about Jan. 12th) we can pick a date to be induced. I never thought I wanted to be induced, but when he said this Collin and I were both beaming. We are so excited. And the more I think about it; for the sake of my parents (who have a 4 hour drive to the hospital) and Collin's sister (who is flying in from Indy) being able to plan this a little would actually be very nice.

So we are pumped. We're both so excited to meet this little one that we were hoping that we might go early - and now it looks like that will be very possible.

As soon as I got home tonight I started two more loads of laundry and got out the hospital list that Jill sent me so I can get my bag packed. Collin got the video monitor working and put the base of the car seat in the car. Can you tell we are a little giddy?

So, with this news I thought it was about time to start a little game around here.

Guess Baby Kono's Stats:

In the comments section post your guess to the following:
  • Sex
  • Weight
  • Length

The winner(s) will be determined by who has the closest guess in that order. There will be some sort of prize; I'm just not sure what it is right now.

If you would rather email me your guess, I'll post it in the comment section for you.

I was going to also have a game for the date of birth, but if we do end up being induced than that won't be relevant. So I guess we'll just stick to these three.

For your reference I thought I'd give you our birth stats:

  • Kate: 6 lbs 6 oz; 19 inches
  • Collin: 8 lbs 13 oz; 19 inches

Let the guessing begin!!

And before I go - here are my 36-week belly shots:



7 comments:

amanda said...

I'm assuming you want birth stats, so here goes.

Baby Boy

7 lbs 9 oz

20 inches

I'm still not sure where you're going to put the rest of Baby Madden. Yikes. Lots of love and prayers headed your way! Oh, BTW, I was telling one of your favorite stories from Camp Carroll the other day...you know, when you had to take me to the doctor??? Yeah, still not funny! JK. Love all of you!

Kira said...

Baby Girl

7lbs 2 oz

21 inches

I am so excited, I don't think I can wait 2 more weeks to meet this new addition to our extended family! Wahoo!

Jill said...

Jill's guess:

Girl
7 lbs 4 oz
19 1/2 in

Andy's guess:
Girl
7 lbs 6 oz
20 1/2 in

Anonymous said...

Jamie
I am guessing...
A baby boy
7 lbs 11 oz
20.5 inches

April said...

Hey hun! Thanks so much for the update. That is very exciting news!! So my guess is...

Girl

7lbs 5 oz

19 inches

Love you!

Aubrey said...

Oh, these girls are being so nice to you. What nice teeny little guesses!

Well I'm going on previous experience. Arlington was born during my 36th week and he was

baby boy
7lbs 15oz
19 1/2in

And 4 inches really seems great. How did your group b come out? Mine were always positive so I was on crazy amounts of antibiotics before and during the deliveries.

Kate said...

Amanda:
Girl
8 lbs 2 oz
20 inches

Tanya:
Boy
8 lbs 8 oz
21 inches