Once Christmas preparations are done I HAVE to get back to Thank you cards. And one of these days I'm going to finish up our shower posts.
But, for now I owe you some belly pictures! I didn't mean go another 4 weeks again but I do have to admit I kinda like seeing two in a row. The funny thing is in the past couple of weeks I feel like I've gotten huge and changed so much, but these pictures don't look all that different to me.
Some updates over the last 4 weeks include:
- I beleive my weight gain to date is now 27 pounds
- The nauseousness is back, only it is different from the first trimester nausea. In the first trimester is was just this constant feeling of yuck. The nausea I'm having now comes and goes but when it is here it feels like a ball of vomit is sitting in my throat. Literally, it feels like a ball. For the most part it is just annoying however the other night I had to get out of bed at 2:30 am and come out to the couch to sleep sitting up because I actually thought I was going to loose it.
- And speaking of sleeping. I'm still sleeping okay, but I'm now getting up about once every two hours to use the bathroom. So much for once or twice a night, I'm always going at least 3 times now, sometimes more.
- The swelling in my ankles has really stepped it up a notch in the past week or so. By about 7 pm I have to force myself to sit down and put my feet up because they do not look pretty. Yesterday at work was the first time that the swelling was actually painful. I don't know if maybe I didn't rest enough over the weekend or what, but today they did much better.
- I've still been having lots of Braxton Hicks contractions. Sometimes they are pretty strong and once in awhile they start to become pretty frequent, but overall they are still sporadic.
- Lots of people tell me I am carrying low, but I have to tell you, if I were carrying any higher when I sit down this baby would be sitting in my throat. It seems to be most noticable in the car, but when I'm sitting the baby feels like it is lodged between my ribs. In fact, sometimes I actually think it is.
Last week we also had our 33'ish (it was more like 33 1/2) week appointment.
- Heart rate was 145
- Doctor told us that the baby is head down
- After telling him that lots of people are asking for an estimate on size he said that my guess was probably as good as his, but if he had to guess he would say the baby is average size and about 4 lbs.
- On the way to our appointment I was having contractions about 10 minutes apart. I have a feeling it was stress from work becuase they calmed down the following day, but he said at this point if we go into labor, he won't stop it.
- Following our appointment we got to tour the labor and delivery ward. Once again, I was very impressed with both the hospital and the staff. I hope our labor experience goes as well as all of our other experiences at this hospital/clinic.
I hope that it won't be so long until my next post, but in case things don't work out as planned here's wishing you all the best of luck as you finish up your Christmas preparations.