Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thankful

I know this post is coming a bit late, I had every intention of getting online either on Thanksgiving or the day after to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving, but those plans just didn't pan out. It has been a busy weekend but as I sit here on Sunday night, looking out at another week, I realize I have so much to be thankful for. The economy is tough right now and like alot of others we find ourselves struggling, but yet when I look beyond the bills and unrented duplex, when I look at the big picture, I know we are so very blessed. During the homily at mass today Father said something that resonated with me. He said that there are many things that are out of our control and if we prayed as much as worried we'd be in a much better place. Pretty simple really, pray more, worry less. I know for me it will be easier said than done, but I'm going to give it a shot.

Our Thanksgiving was great. For the third year now we celebrated with Collin's, Kira's and my family. The food was delicious and the company was even better. Getting ready for the guests wore me out but as I sat down to dinner I realized it was all worth it. Here are just a few of the little things I am so very thankful for this Thanksgiving weekend:
  • Family who helped us get the house cleaned and remodeled (we have a new guest room! Yay!)
  • All of the help with the side dishes for the meal and the dish washing after the meal
  • Justin's "Turkey Trivia" which made us all laugh over dinner (seriously, the boy knows entirely way too much about turkeys!)
  • A safe hunting season for the boys
  • A fun shopping trip with my Mom on Friday
  • Leftovers

I hope you also had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.

3 comments:

Em said...

Glad to hear you had a great Thanksgiving weekend! Congrats on successfully hosting a houseful, once again. :)

Aubrey said...

This sounds like a very Thankful holiday. I'm glad you enjoyed it and everything turned out well.

Kristin C. said...

Yout table looks BEAUTIFUL!! AND You succeeded in getting your s***t together before the holiday! Glad to hear you had a Thankful Thanksgiving.