Tuesday, September 16, 2008

21-week photo shoot

I am 21 weeks along today; can we say POP? That is what happened shortly after I posted the 17-week pictures.

21 weeks


I'm not exactly sure what is bothering me about these pictures, but I think it is my posture so if anyone has any tips on how to make these look better I'd love to hear them!

In other baby news, two weeks ago (at week 19), we had our ultrasound. We were so excited about seeing our little one but I have to admit I was a little nervous that I wouldn't be able to make it through without asking the sex. For those that don't know, we decided long ago that we wanted to be surprised. Luckily, and thankfully, it was much easier than I expected to not ask. I was so enthralled with watching the little legs kick, the heart beating furiously, and the amazing shots of the brain that finding out the sex really didn't even cross my mind. The baby weighed in at an estimated 11 oz., which I thought sounded rather large, but the doctor said was "normal" or did he say "average"? I'm not sure, but I'm certain he put quotes around it.



Our ultrasound was 3 days before Konopalooza and I had told everyone that I'd have pictures to share at the party. I was so excited to get that cute little profile shot and the girls at work were looking forward to me bringing them into the office on Thursday. If we had any doubt in our mind that this was our child, it was washed away at the ultrasound. This little shit stood in a headstand for an hour and half, during the WHOLE exam!! The poor tech was trying so hard to get a good profile shot but our little one was having NONE of it. S/he was in no mood to be photographed that day :) They tried having me lay on my side, walk around, and have the bed in a decline position. Nothing worked! In the end they had to do an internal exam just to get all the head measurements that they needed. So instead of walking away with a small portfolio of pictures of our little peanut to share with everyone, we got this:



What the hell is that you ask?? That's his/her feet. And it's not even a very clear picture of the feet! I had this in my purse for a couple of days after our appointment and every time I pulled it out Collin and I would just laugh. We got a picture of the feet. This is definitely our child.

8 comments:

amanda said...

That is hilarious! Congrats!

Gail said...

HAha! I smiled to myself through this whole post! I can't believe the change in 'the belly'! I'm amazed! Oh, Kate -I'm just so happy for you! That's all!

Em said...

You look beautiful, as always. I got all teary looking at your baby bump. I think the foot u/s pic is hilarious...I love that story. :)

Michele said...

Oh how adorable are you and the baby picture!! You look great!!
~Michele

Rachel said...

You look great, and the baby looks adorable :-) Good to know s/he is already a character!

Kate said...

You look great and the baby has awesome feet!

Aubrey said...

How did I miss this post and the Konopalooza post?? I have to start reading them, but I didn't want you to think I didn't care. Augh. I saw your cute belly though. I love it. I'm kinda jealous!!

Aubrey said...

So I've finally had a chance to read all of this. Too funny about the US pic. Mags flipped us off in every picture. I'm telling you...they come out with that same personality. Maybe this babe is telling you it's gonna put its foot down on EVERYTHING! Mags certainly has an F-You attitude about life right now. Kids!!!