Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Requested Belly Pics

As I am flipping through these pictures getting ready for this post I realized I think I've committed every cardinal sin of the legendary "belly shots".

1) I am NOT wearing the same outfit in every shot
2) The pictures are taken at varying angles
3) I'm not even facing the same direction in all these pictures

As an extreme Type A I know seeing these pictures in a row, all disorganized like this, is going to drive me nuts. But I'll provide them anyway.

The other thing I noticed while flipping through these is that I really am getting pretty big. Last week we went out to eat for our anniversary and as the lady was seating us she asked if the table she picked was okay. I told her yes and then she immediately said "oh, actually, she's smoking here, so maybe you'd rather be over here...." as she walked to the other side of the patio she kinda gave me a little grin and touched my elbow. Collin and I were both certain she did it because she could tell I was pregnant. I guess I didn't realize that it was that obvious yet, I still just feel plain 'ol fat.

And speaking of getting bigger, why is it that my ass and thighs seem to be growing at a much faster rate than my belly? This is only mitigated by the fact that so are my boobs. You guys. I'm a C cup!! C. cup. And, I have cleavage. Score!

So where were we? Ah yes, the belly shots.....

9 Weeks:
12 weeks:


17 weeks (taken yesterday):

6 comments:

Aubrey said...

I love this. Should I post my belly shot from today so that you don't feel so bad. I'm not kidding. Right at the moment I look just like I did when I was 6 mths pregnant with Arlington. And I won't be delivering a baby. Damn it. But you look FANTASTIC! Truly. I forgot that everywhere smoking isn't banned. It is all over Illinois and it is so much nicer going out now without all the smoke.

And being conscientious is a good thing! I wish I was a bit more so. It could have meant to lighten up a bit, but I'd guess with half-hearted feelings. Nobody wants to loose someone who is on the ball, no matter how bad it makes them feel about their lazy selves. Trust me...I'm speaking with experience here.

I love ya!

Gail said...

Oh, those pics are great! I thought about posting belly pics for you too, so you wouldn't be exposed all alone. Some would probably think mine is not as cute as a pregnant belly. They're probably right! Keep those belly pics coming!

Em said...

As Aubrey said, you do look fantastic...I could only be so lucky. :) You hot mama you! I'm so glad you finally posted these. They are so fun, and I look forward to seeing more. :)

As for the conscientious thing, my initial thought was sincerity, but I'd have to agree with Jess that context is everything, and it's hard to guess without it (though I realize you might not want to share it here...e-mail me! ;)).

Dawn said...

I can't believe you're at 17 weeks already! You look great!

Kristin C. said...

looking good mama!

Anonymous said...

We are finally looking at that cute little tummy. I am going to make a better effort to keep up with your blog. Love Mom and Dad Kono