Thursday, May 1, 2008

May Fitness Challenge

I'm not quite ready to announce the April Winner as there are still just a couple of people I need to collect points from, but I did want to give you this months challenge....

I don't know about you but April was a rough month for me. I'm not sure if it was because the challenge wasn't as much fitness related or if it was just that time of year when slacking sets in, but either way those first two weeks in particular I showed a very weak performance. In hopes to combat that, this months challenge was inspired by Justin (a/k/a Buck or my brother) and revolves around setting and working towards your goals.

For this month at the beginning of each week I want you to think about what you'd like to accomplish, fitness wise, that week. Maybe it is to earn x amount of points, or work out x number of days, or run x miles in x minutes, or do x number of crunches.....it doesn't matter what it is as long as it is a) fitness related and b) challenging (not back breaking challenging, but you know what I mean, something you have to work towards). If you accomplish your goal by the end of the week, award yourself 10 bonus points.

Each weeks goals can be independent of each other, or, if you'd like, you could pick one thing you'd like to accomplish by months end and each week set your goals in order to build up to that month end goal. It is completely up to you. Have fun and enjoy your exercise!

----------------------------------------------------

If anyone has any ideas for future months challenges, I'm open for suggestions!

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

I love this challenge Kate. That is all part of what I've been doing each month. But to really be forced to do it, that makes us just that much more accountable for it. I am really ready for working on my already set goal. Too fun.

Oh, I don't know of any ideas right now for more challenges. How about getting your girlfriends together once a month for a walk-a-thon for a charity?? Well...I tried.

Em said...

This challenge comes at the perfect time, Kate (and Justin!). I really need to set some goals and kick some butt into gear. April was a hard month...

Kate said...

Aubrey - I meant to tell you that I LOVE this idea and meant to announce this at this in the last post. I'll do it next month....I'm thinking 25 bonus points for any charity walk/run/cycle etc.

Great idea! Thank you!