Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Family Weekend

Despite the hysteria on here Monday, we actually had a really awesome weekend with my family this past weekend. On Saturday morning we piled into my car with Justin and Kira and headed south. Yes. All four of us traveled in my car. I'm really not sure how we did it either :)

On Saturday afternoon we celebrated C.'s 4th birthday in true Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle fashion. Did you know my brother can still name all four turtles, provide their weapon of choice, and give you explicit details on their personality? I was pretty impressed. I mean, he was like our own TMNT reference book. As he was rattling through each turtle he came to the Orange one, which would be Michelangelo and stated "he's the partier." About 10 minutes later the little boy who was sitting at the opposite end of our table said "Mom, the orange turtle is crazy!" Kids crack me up. Don't ever think they aren't listening.

After the party we checked into the hotel where (because it was Mother's Day weekend) we allowed my mom to pick the programming and we watched The Princess Diaries. Kira and I thought this was a fine selection, Collin and Justin?? Ummm, not so much. But they sucked it up and didn't complain. Too much.

On Sunday more of my extended family came to town and we celebrated M.'s baptism and Mother's Day. It truly was a blessed day.

I have lots of pictures that I've been wanting to upload but my computer is so slow and it always takes forever to do it, so I've been dreading it. And procrastinating. But yesterday my cousin sent us a video he put together with pictures of the weekend and he said I could share it with you here. Just as a warning, it does have music....in case you are at work.

I've never seen this website before, but I just love this video. You can check it out here.

If I could just point out a couple of things....be sure to check out the TMNT cake. My cousin MaLinda made that BY HAND!! She is a cake making genius. And that's an understatement. Also, look at M's baptism gown. That gown has been in our family for over 100 years. It was originally my great grandfathers and has been worn by a number of us throughout the years. Unfortunately pictures can't really do it justice. It is beautiful.

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

Kate, I'm glad you had a nice weekend and you are right about the video pics. Very cool.

I wish we could see the baptismal gown better too. Mom made one out of her wedding gown before Arlington's baptism and all four of her grandbabies have worn it. I love that idea, so hopefully 100 yrs later it will still be donned on our relatives.

Funny about Justin and the TMNT! I bet half the kids I babysat could still spit all that info out. I think I could name lots of that info, but not to a specific turtle. And that cake was phenominal. That is one of my favorite things to do now, but it takes so much time!

I have yet to see princess diaries. But it is one I've been wanting to see.

Em said...

It was fun watching that video. I can't believe how big those kids are getting! The cake was amazing. You looked like a very proud godmother. :)

Kristin C. said...

That is one funky little video!

Hope you are well and not dying with the humidity!