Tuesday, May 6, 2008

April Fitness Challenge Winners

Congratulations Justin & CaSondra!!!


That's right, we have TWO Fitness Challenge winners for April! A big congrats goes out to Justin (a/k/a Buck) and CaSondra!! They both turned in 60+ bonus points for April. I could figure out just how much water that was, but it is getting late so lets just say they drank a whole lot 'o water last month! Congratulations you two!

Justin, since you were a previous month prize winner you will be receiving a $10 gift certificate to either MC Sports or Dunhams (or the store of your choice as long as the certificate can be purchased online).

CaSondra, please send me an email or leave a comment with your prize choice from the list below:
  1. Corey Everson 55cm Anti Burst Stability Ball - My all time favorite training day is that which I work abs. Followed closely by biceps, triceps, and/or delts. Oh, and I like squats. Have I ever told you how much I love to lift? I've realized lately that lifting is the thing that whips my body back in shape the quickest. I think we all have something that does the trick and finding what it is and making sure that we include it in our weekly workouts is what is key. But, back to the abs. I could spend all night talking about all the different moves I like to incorporate into my ab workouts but I do not want to bore you. Suffice it to say the stability ball is one of the tools I like to use. I don't actually have this specific ball, but because it is an anti burst, I have high hopes for it. I actually did have one ball pop on me (not while I was using it or anything, though that would be funny to see), so that quality is important. This ball also comes with a instructional chart showing different exercises. For anyone thinking about purchasing a stability ball, note that your height will determine what size would be best for you. The 55cm accommodates people up to 5'7".


  2. Champion Double Dry Seamless Sports Bra - This might be a little too much information for some of you and for that I'm sorry, but this bra....it's like a piece of heaven. I have this weird obsession with buying new things but then waiting for weeks upon weeks to actually use them. I think it is because once I use them they are no longer new. I wasted precious weeks of my life not using this bra the second I brought it home from the store. I love it! It is comfortable and feels like my own skin. Now I know that I don't have a whole lot to....um....should we say, protect? But still, when I went for a jog in this I felt nothing. Okay, stop with the comments, I can hear you all now, what exactly was I expecting to feel, right?? They jiggle....a little...I swear!! Stop looking at me like that :) This particular bra said it was for "high motion control" for activities such as jogging, tennis, and volleyball. I believe there was also a "medium motion control" option for activities like walking and cycling. Although, as comfortable as this one was for me, I would use it for any and all of these activities.

  3. CamelBak: The Performance Bottle or The Better Bottle - Because this month's challenge was the Hydration Station I have to include my all time favorite water bottle. I've had lots of water bottles (including other highly recognized name brands which I won't mention here... shhh....nalgene) but my CamelBak is by far the best one I've ever had. I currently have The Better Bottle and the two things I love most about it are 1) It doesn't leak, even if it is flipped upside down and 2) you don't have to unscrew the cap to take a drink. I carry this thing with me every single day to work in my bag or, better know as, my life which hangs from my shoulder, and not once have I had an issue with leakage. I'm giving you the option of this bottle or The Performance Bottle, which I'd really like to get my hands on myself. It looks perfect, PERFECT!, for the gym because it is a squeeze bottle, which for some reason I prefer if I'm using the cardio machines. The Better Bottle, on the other hand is great for hiking or any other outdoor day trips (or indoor, like a day at the office) where you can easily toss it in your bag or car and when you are not worrying as much about grip issues or squeezability. Like that new word I just included all nonchalant like? Squeezability.

2 comments:

Em said...

Hmmm...you have me intrigued with that sports bra, Kate. I need a good one. I usually have to wear two, and even then there's still too much movement to prevent me from feeling self-conscious. Thanks for the tip! :)

Kate said...

Em, as you know I'm not very....should we say, endowed, in the chest area. However, I can say this, I wore this bra jogging and felt nothing whereas I wore another one of my bras doing Tae Bo the other day and found myself holding my chest a couple of times. So I want to believe this would be a good bra for you.

CaS actually picked this as her prize choice so I'm hoping once she has a chance to check it out that she'll give us a review.

Actually, now that I think about that, I'd like to get reviews from everyone that has won a prize. What they like, what they don't like...that would be good. Thanks for the idea!