Friday, April 4, 2008

March Winner Announcement

Congratulations Ember!!


A big congrats goes out to Ember, who is our March Fitness Challenge winner! Ember beat her average and earned her bonus points in all four weeks of the month of March. Congratulations Em! Send me an email with your prize choice from the list below.
  1. Tae Bo Amped- Core Express - I know I've expressed my love for Tae Bo on here before, so I won't spend the time telling you again that I LOVE Billy!! But I will just say that I LOVE Billy!! Not only do all of his work outs kick my butt, but he motivates and inspires me at the same time. At the end of these Amped tapes he gives a little pep talk and in one of them he says "In order to reach your goals, you must engage in them." That gets me every time. Not just about working out, but other goals in my life. This is a story for another time but some of you probably know that one of my dreams is to own my own business someday. Every morning that he tells me that it reminds me that if I want this to come true, all I have to do is make it come true. I'm including the Core Express tape this month because it is an "express" 30-minute work-out for the time crunched and I thought it fit in nicely with our "kick it up a notch (add 30 min)" challenge.


  2. 10 Minute Solution: Tone Trouble Zones! - My criteria for judging work out videos is very simple. If they make me swear, they're a keeper. When I was using this tape one blissful Tuesday evening and suddenly found myself giving Amy a big 'ol F@#! You! I knew I'd hold onto this one. Collin, who was in the next room over heard me and threw in a "Yah, shove that green thing up your ass!" I hate to include two videos in one prize list, but this one again just fits in so nicely with our March challenge. This video has five segments, arms/shoulders, butt/thighs, abs, total body, and stretching. Each is 10 minutes long and you can design your work-out by mixing and matching which ever segments you choose. This is again great for those that are time crunched. If you only have 20 min, no problem, choose two segments and your set. But, in my opinion, the best thing about this tape is that the body band provides enough resistance to tone and is especially perfect for anyone that doesn't particularly care for lifting weights.


  3. Women's Health 2008 Training Guide - Unfortunately I can't find specific information about this training guide online, so I've linked you to the Women's Health Magazine website. I've been eyeing this up for the past couple of months and finally caved and bought it this week when I saw that it is only going to be on the news stands until May 6th. I haven't had a chance to read through this in detail yet, but I've flipped through a few times and it looks like it's filled with some good strength training moves and cardio programs. And in the back there is a bonus slim-down cookbook section. What I'm most excited about is the 8-week Ultimate Fitness Plan that is included. I love plans and I find that I am more likely to stick to a work-out when I have something to follow. I have a plan from my M&F Hers magazine that I've been using on and off for about 5 years now. Because this says it is new for 2008 and that it will be on the stands until the beginning of May, I'm not sure if there will be a new one that comes out in May or not. But in case this is the last month to purchase it, I wanted to give you the heads up that it is out there.

And of course, there is always the option of a $10 gift certificate to either MC Sports or Dunham's.

I just want to say Congratulations again to all of you. You guys really did great this past month! Keep up the good work and if you have any fitness items or stories to share, please do!

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

Em, congrats!! Didn't it feel great beating your average every week? I think that was what was most rewarding for me this month too. I can't wait for the treadmill so I can even beat that average!! Maybe I'll average double digits! That'd be a cold day for all those bad folks down there! And Kate, a pig may fly into your yard!

Again Em, I'm so proud of you.

Thanks Kate for these great challenges.

Em said...

Wow! Color me surprised! I had no idea... :) Thanks for the congrats, Kate and Aubrey. I am so thankful to be a part of this challenge--it has really helped me (slowly but surely) get back into shape!

Kate - I think I'm gonna have to try the Tae Bo Amped! I am intrigued after hearing your praises, and I, too, have a soft spot for Billy (he and I have history, don't cha know...) ;).

Thanks again, Kate!