Friday, March 7, 2008

What Dreams are Made of....

10:00 pm - It kinda sucks Collin is in Fond du Lac tonight, but oh man am I going to sleep like a baby. Remember the last time he was gone? Maia and I had the bed all to ourselves and we slept like queens. I'll just fluff my pillow here and settle in for a long winter's nap. I'm going to feel so great in the morning.

11:58 pm - Shit, Maia is sneaking out of the room. I really don't want to get up and go get her, but she didn't go to the bathroom before we went to bed and the last thing I need is to be cleaning up a pool of dog piss in the morning.

12:05 am - okay, the dog has gone to the bathroom and we're back in bed. Thank God I still have a good 5 hours to sleep. This is going to be the best five hours ever.

Sometime between 12:05 & 1:32 am - the details are fuzzy but I remember eating a chocolate chip cookie.....that had cat hair on it. (???? what the???) [end scene]

[beg. scene] There is a man with a boat. A big boat. A big black pirates ship. It is moving out to sea and on it are all of my friends and family. They are shackled. They have been kidnapped and they need help. I must help them. I am the only one that made it out safely and now I have to get them back. But I can't do it alone, I have to find someone to help me. There's a bike, it's is my only hope of finding someone quickly. I jump on and ride through town. But the town is dark and a storm is moving in. I'm yelling at the top of my lungs HELP! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! I've ridden down the entire street and not one house has a light on. Either no one is home, or they know better than to mess with this man. I scream anyway. Up ahead I see a boy on a bike. I peddle faster, I have to catch up with him. Maybe he can help me. Hey, Hey you, Please help me!!! I'm waiving papers around, they have a picture of the pirates ship on it - please, just look at these, I need your help. The boy turns towards me, narrows his eyes and furrows his brow. He seems mad. I don't care, I need his help. As I shake the papers towards him, trying to explain what happened he demands "What are you blogging about?" [end scene]

1:32 am - I wake up and my heart is racing. What the hell was that? Is someone in the house? I lie very still. No. No one is in the house, it was just a bad dream. Was I yelling out loud? No. The dog is still snoring beside me. I lie there for awhile, convincing myself it is okay, there are no pirates here to kidnap me. Shit though, if someone did come in I don't even have my phone in the room to call for help. I should really go get that phone.

1:35 am - Head back out into the kitchen to grab my phone and hell, while I'm up I might as well take a bathroom break. Maia is wondering what we are doing up again. But hey, if we're up, lets play!

1:40 am - Back to bed. At least I have about three hours left to sleep.

3:20 am - What the fuck? Are you serious, I'm awake again?? Now what is the problem? Nothing. Go back to sleep.

5:00 am - The sound of bells chiming wakes me up. It's the alarm. There is NO WAY it is already 5 am. Look at clock. Shit, it is. I'll reset it for 5:30.

5:30 am - The damn bells are going off again....That effing alarm, I just reset it, why is it going off again?

5:45 am - finally stumble out of bed feeling nothing like a queen OR a well rested baby.

7:22 am, en route to meeting # 1 - Laugh as I think about the boy in my dream who yelled "What are you blogging about?!" Wonder if that is supposed to mean anything? Decide I'll blog about it.

3 comments:

Poderoso said...

i like your blog

Aubrey said...

That's one crazy f'in dream! Are you preggers??? That's the kind of dream I have when I'm pregnant. Except mine always have a peacock in them. What the hell is that about?

I'm sorry you didn't get a restful sleep. AND that you have to be up by 5. ICK!

Hope your weekend is restful!

Em said...

I hope you're sleeping as I write this, catching up on those much-needed zzzz's. As for the dream, that's the type of dream I have when I'm hella busy, with too much on my plate, and I feel like I'm barely treading water. Maybe it's a sign that you need to ask for help on a certain task, or something like that? Anyway, that's my best guess... :)