Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Tired: adjective; exhausted, as by exertion; fatigued or sleepy

Posting has been somewhat light over the past couple of weeks because I've been having a hard time finding the time to sit down and write. And when I have had the time, it seems my energy is spent and even if I tried to compose something there is no way it would be coherent or even vaguely interesting. For instance, these are the topics I actually thought about writing about last week:
  • Lean Cuisines
  • High waisted pants
  • the kink in my neck
Do you see?

We're currently going through the equivalent of an annual gynecological exam at work and the preparation has been intense. We're finally "up in the stirrups" so to speak and so far the Doctor hasn't found anything worth major concern. Everyone is holding their breath though and we will never be so happy when this month comes to a close. On top of that, I've had some really stringent deadlines with my normal duties at work, so by the time I get home at night I'm really just tired.

But, I have no time to be tired because on Monday's I'm still in Bible Study and Wednesday's are dance class and Friday's are Fish Fry night. I know what you are thinking....Fish fry? Seriously? And yes, I am serious. There is nothing more serious than a Friday Fish Fry in Wisconsin. In fact, I received an email today already making plans for this coming Friday. This is very serious stuff. :)

So for the past few weeks I feel like my gears has been set to full throttle, both physically and mentally. There has been no time to rest or to think too deeply - it has been go go go. And I think it has finally caught up with me. I'm exhausted. And even with a really good nights sleep last night, I'm still not functioning very well.

The funny thing is, or is it ironic? Or maybe just plain stupid.... but I'm already thinking about the things that are going to fill my schedule once Bible Study and Dance are over in April and May, respectively. Here's my current list of potential "things to fill my free time so that I may bitch and moan about how I never have enough time to relax":
  1. Softball
  2. Dog training class for Maia
  3. Yoga class
  4. Photography class

I have learned that I can't do more than two things at once, any more and I think I'd self destruct. So we'll see which of these, if any, I actually end up doing.

In other, unrelated news (although I'm not sure any of this post really ties together, but you see that is the state of my mind these days) you may have heard that Brett Farve announced his retirement today (I find it kind of funny, or is it ironic again?? that in this article he repeats over and over how tired he is - I hear ya Brett, I hear ya!) As you can imagine, it is a sad day in Wisconsin. I have to admit this news doesn't really surprise me at all; he has always said that he wanted to go out on a good year, and last year was a good year. Also, the story was leaked about a week ago online.... Regardless, he will be greatly missed.

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

So (here I go again) I totally hear you on the exhaustion. I'm convienced it's because none of us are really getting the right amount of fresh air to survive. I can't wait for the house to be opened up and aired out. I'm sick of sickness. I haven't been having coherent thoughts either enough to put together an interesting post. I keep sitting down to do it, but haven't. Maybe tonight will be my night.

Em said...

It seems this exhaustion syndrome is making the rounds. We all need a long spring break, ya know? It's really too bad that we adults don't continue on the tradition, like in school, because EVERYONE needs the rest and recooperation right now! Kate, best of luck getting through your gyno exam at work! ;) Sounds, um, PLEASANT. Also, keep us posted on what, if anything, you decide to fill your time with when Bible study and dance class are over. I've been keeping my eye out for a photography to be offered through the arts council sometime this spring/summer. I wish we lived closer so that we could take it together! :(

Em said...

I meant to say "photography class," not "photography"...sheesh. I need a nap.