Saturday, January 12, 2008

Uncorked: Yellow Tail Shiraz

When I started My Merlot back in December, Kira, my sister-in-law, gave me a very good idea. She suggested starting a list of wines/wineries to review for others to try. I like to think of Kira as my co-pilot, because she is always coming up with great ideas like this.

I'm not at all claiming to be an expert in the field of winery, but I have to admit, I do like my wine. I've all but given up alcohol over the past few months and I can say honestly I don't miss any of it. Any of it, except for the wine.

Last night we went out to eat with Mike & Alanna and because we had a couple of things we were celebrating, we decided to order a bottle of wine. They let me pick and for some reason the Yellow Tail Shiraz was calling my name. Per the Company's website this wine is described as follows: Impressive spice, licorice and red berry aromas. This wine is perfectly balanced with silky tannins, accompanied by big, ripe fruit flavors.

I'm not sure if it is because I haven't been drinking as much lately or what, but the few glasses I've had in the past couple of weeks have not really impressed me. My first sip of this and I knew I was back on track. We all really enjoyed this bottle. It was fruity with a zing. And because it was not as dry as a merlot, I think it would be good for someone who is just beginning to venture into red wines.

We had a discussion over dinner about how much a bottle of Yellow Tail would cost. We decided it's probably around $7 or so. I looked online this evening and found a range of about $6 to $10, so this is very reasonably priced.
So go out and get your bottle and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

So many things to write. I should just e-mail you. But, I love that flickr badge you had. So I made my own. I love that you and em do these things and force me to figure them out. I love that picture of you and Collin on the page. Not sure if it's always been that one, but I just noticed it.

Darrell has had taht wine and really enjoyed it too. I think the bottle is awesome. Still not a wine drinker. I should make that part of my new years resolution...

I really enjoyed your pictures of christmas and new years. Thanks for sharing.