Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Putting it in Writing

There is something refreshing about starting a new year. It feels like the slate has been wiped clean. Sure, there are still things on my to-do list from 2007, but now I feel like I have time on my side. Twelve whole months to complete this year’s list of things I want to accomplish. I’ve been thinking a lot about the resolutions I want to set for this year. In true Kate fashion, I have a list a half a mile long. I’ve decided I need to narrow those down to 3 or 4 things. I’m sharing these with you here because I’m hoping by writing them down and making them public, I’ll be more likely to follow through with them.

  1. Get back into a fitness routine and keep exercise a priority, even through stressful seasons like Christmas. During the stressful times I want to exercise at least twice a week, which is a vast improvement over my current average of zero times.
  2. Work with Maia on training and get her more exercise on a regular basis.
  3. Keep in better touch with my friends.
  4. And the one Collin likes the most; in fact, his response when I told him this was one of my resolutions was “that should be your only resolution”: Have more “you-know-what” (Hi Mom! Hi CaSondra!)

Have you set any resolutions for 2008? If so, what are they?

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Great resolutions Kate. I'll put mine here, but I've gotta add them to my blog too as a daily reminder.

1. get out and do more. With the kids, with Darrell, and all on my own for myself.

2. play more. Again, with my kids, my husband and (don't read this the wrong way) myself.

3. be more. I have to improve myself in so many ways. But my expectations aren't unreasonable. Just like, a better housemaker: ie. putting away the loads of laundry I've tirelessly washed and folded, make more effort to cook fantastic meals; be a better wife: ie. more compassionate, selfless, willing to share myself; be a better mom: ie, more patient, fun loving, playful.

I love you and I'm glad we can keep each other on track!