Saturday, December 8, 2007

Up and Running!

It has been 23 days now since I set up this page. 23 days to actually get the balls to write my first post. I've thought alot about posting over the last 3+ weeks, but I just haven't been able to get over this first obligatory post. I mean, what the hell am I supposed to say???

So, for now, I'll say this, I'm really excited about having this blog. I'm hoping I can use it to keep our friends and family up to date on the everyday happenings of our life. I'm not exactly sure yet what route it is going to take, I mean telling my close friends that I named my hemorrhoid Jerry is one thing, but telling the Internet? I don't know if I'm up for that yet? Just kidding! Or am I? ;)

Either way, the one thing I do feel the need to disclose is that despite the fact that I'm the daughter of an English teacher, I'm terrible, terrible! at grammar and spelling. If you need someone to balance your checkbook or analyze your cash flow and debt service coverage ability, I'm your gal. But if you're looking for wondrously structured sentences that are perfectly punctuated, you're probably not going to find them here, no, instead you'll find lots of run-on sentences, full of way to many commas, because I love commas, and I have yet to master the semicolon.

So, I'll close this first post by saying thanks for stopping by My Merlot. Pull up a chair and grab a glass, we're uncorking the first bottle and it should be a good time.

7 comments:

Ember said...

Yay, you did it! Looking forward to reading many more posts from you!
Love you!
-Em

ajohnson said...

How is Jerry? Hope he's not giving you too much grief! Great job on your first post! Lots of love!

Alanna said...

Kate way to go on making your first post! You write the same way you talk, both very colorful! Keep up the posts! In one of my magazines I read that writing is a good way to release emotion...which is what you guys were saying about blogging. Acually, the blurb about writing was in the Shape magazine, so of course it said that writing is a good way to release emotions and therefore loose weight...since you aren't resorting to food to deal with the emotions. Whatever writing does, keep posting! It great to hear how things are going!
Alanna

kbend said...

What a great way to start your blog. It was good to get Jerry out in the open. "Hello, my name is Kira and I have a friend named Jerry." Wow, that does feel better.

Speaking of wine...maybe you should start a suggestion list of good wines and wineries to try. It would help us, from the wine-iliteracy club, out alot.

Love ya sis!

Kate said...

Thank you so much to all of you for stopping by! You're making my entrance into the blogging world way less scary! I love you guys!

Kira, first of all, you made me laugh outloud. I love it; maybe we should start a Jerry support group?! Also, I love, love, love your suggestion about wine/winery reviews. Maybe I could start a "Wine of the Week." Thanks so much for the idea!

Michele said...

Excellent! I will stop by and check out your postings to see how things are going! Reading this makes me feel like I'm standing next to you as you talk, even though we're miles apart!

Take Care!
Love,
Michele

Aubrey said...

Kate, this is so great. I love to blog, but I've never done a formal one past MySpace. I'd love to get one going. Maybe now I wil.