Sunday, December 9, 2007

Lazy Sunday

Since the winter season has fallen upon us everyday pleasantries have inevitably changed from "Morning", "Hi, how are you?" or "Beautiful weather we're having" to "Brrr...it's cold", "I hate driving in this slushy shit; where are the plows?" or "Argh, they're calling for more snow."

Although I agree that its cold and I've been driving like a Grandma for the past week, I have to admit that winter is slowly moving up on my list as favorite season. Part of this has to do with the fact that I love cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. But more importantly, winter seems to invoke in me a sense of calmness. Because the weather no longer allows it, we don't travel as much in the winter and we don't spend every evening and weekend working until the sun goes down on the long list of house and yard projects. Instead, the snow and the cold tend to keep us home, in front of the fire, watching more movies, reading more books, and doing things that I enjoy, but never feel like I have the time to do.

I especially love Sundays in the winter because, as you know, it is football season. And where we live football is like a religion. And although I love watching the Pack play, I think what I like even more is that for 3 hours on Sunday afternoon I have nothing else to do but sit in front of the tv and watch the game. The laundry can wait, the dishwasher will be unloaded tonight, and the Christmas tree that we have not begun decorating? We'll work on that after the game. For now, all that is on my to-do list is to sit here and relax while, if we are lucky, Brett leads us to another win.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of blogging kate! It's fun stuff!

Anonymous said...

by the way that was me (becky - em's sis)