Sunday, December 30, 2007

It was like a Christmas Miracle

My plan was to post a Christmas recap in pictures, but unfortunately I ran into a bit of a snag….

I should first back up and say Collin surprised me on Christmas morning with the best gift ever. He had told me a couple of days before Christmas that what he got me would “keep me busy” and I thought, wonderful – he bought me a project (note, “project” in our house is synonymous with “time sensitive activity likely to cause stress, but in the end will result in a sense of accomplishment”). Now, don’t get me wrong, I like projects, I’m even somewhat looking forward to working on the den this winter, but a project as a gift?? Ugh. So when I opened up this on Christmas morning you could say I was just a wee bit thrilled. I’ve told Collin many times how I desperately wanted a new camera, I apparently do not give him enough credit, not only was he listening, he even had the specifics correct.

I’m a complete novice when it comes to photography, but already I’m loving this thing. Mostly I love how it takes the picture when I ask it too. And I also love my new zoom capabilities. On Christmas morning I took Maia outside just to play around and I got some fun shots of her in the snow. These would not have been possible with our old camera as it just never took the shot quick enough.

Anyway, the bad news is, the card reader we have doesn’t work with this disk. So, we’re going to have to take a trip to Best Buy and hopefully I’ll have some pictures to share soon.

In the meantime though, I wanted to stop in and wish you all a safe and Happy New Year. We’re having friends over to our house so as soon as the Packer game is done I need to get back to cleaning.

Also, if you haven’t checked out the Fitness Challenge below, please do so! We’ll be starting this Tuesday, the first day of 2008, and I promise it will be fun. You know, if you consider the sensation of a forest fire burning between your inner thighs from the constant rubbing during a 30 min run fun? Kidding. Just kidding. :)

1 comment:

Em said...

Kate, once I get this sickness out of my system for good, I'm in for your fitness challenge. I'll talk to Drew and see if he wants in, too, as this is something we've been talking a lot about lately. Oh, and congrats on your new toy! So much fun, eh? :)