Friday, December 28, 2007

A Fitness Challenge!!

As 2007 draws to a close, I’ve been thinking about the resolutions I want to make for 2008. One item on that list, of course, pertains to getting back into a regular exercise routine. I know, I know, how cliché right? However, I can understand why this resolution is so common. The holidays are so hectic and, if you are anything like me, between the months of November and January exercise tends to take second fiddle.

As I was running on the treadmill the other day, the first run in a very long time, I couldn’t help but wonder why I have let exercise slip so far down the priority list. I was thinking it would be so much easier if I had something to keep me motivated. And that’s when it hit me, a Fitness Challenge.

The rules are very simple. For each 10 minutes of exercise you will get 1 point. Exercise includes any of the following:

- Cardio
- Weight training
- Mind/Body activities such as yoga or Pilates

At the end of each week you can send me your points. No need to tell me what you did, just your points, and I’ll keep a running tally throughout the month. Don’t be worried if you don’t have a lot of points to report, I’ll be the only one seeing them and I will not judge – in the last two weeks I have worked out 1 time. Yes, you read that right, once.

And, the best part!! There will be prizes!! At the end of the first month (January) the person with the most points will get their choice of a prize. Prizes will likely include workout accessories that I’ve used and love.

If you are interested in joining the Fitness Challenge, leave a comment below or send me an email.

(I should note that I ran this past my family over Christmas breakfast and my mom asked about weight loss points. I’ve decided not to include points for weight loss as I don’t want that to be the focus.)

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

as much as I dread exercise and anything that pertains to it, I am in much need of it. Mostly to get my BMI in a healthy (or even charted) range. But also to get my energy levels up and my outlook on life more positive.

So...I'm in. And maybe I can even get Darrell in. When are we starting again? UGH....